This printable bundle will provide kids with mini books, activity mats, coloring worksheets, flashcards, and playdough mats for tons of Dolch Pre-primer sight word practice. This set is great for homeschool or classroom activities. These can be used as homeschool curriculum, teacher resources, or for Montessori reading practice.
Each set features the Dolch Pre-Primer sight words:a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
~~~ What’s Included ~~~
+ 40 Sight Words Mini Books (each 8 pages long) – Total 321 pages (in B/W and color versions)
+ 40 Sight Word Activity Mats (one per sight word)
+ 40 Sight Word Coloring Worksheets (one per sight word)
+ 40 Sight Word Flashcards – Each page contains 4 copies of a single sight word, meaning one printed packet is equal to 4 complete sets of flashcards
+40 Sight Word Playdough Mats (one per sight word)
~~~ This bundle allows students to practice ~~~
+ Motor Skills: students practice fine motor by shaping playdough into the shape of each word
+ Tracing: students trace the sight word multiple times
+ Writing: practice writing the sight words in sentences
+ Reading: students practice reading sight words in multiple sentences
+ Word Recognition: students practice seeing, reading, writing, and finding the sight words to increase word recognition
+ Fluency: students read the sight word along with a sentence using each word
+ Bonus – Coloring: If using the black & white versions, students can also color in the pictures for some added fun 🙂
~~~ Looking for the Individual Products? ~~~
- Dolch Pre-Primer Sight Word Mini Books
- No Prep Dolch Pre-Primer Sight Word Activity Mats
- Sight Word Coloring Worksheets (Pre-primer Dolch)
- Sight Word Pocket Flashcards: Pre-primer Dolch
- Sight Word Playdough Mats (Pre-primer Dolch)
~~~ Other Related Products ~~~
- Primer Dolch Sight Word Practice Bundle
- 1st Grade Dolch Sight Word Practice Bundle
- 2nd Grade Dolch Sight Word Practice Bundle
- 3rd Grade Dolch Sight Word Practice Bundle
~~~ What Do I Receive After Purchase? ~~~
You will receive a download link to your printable PDF. Some worksheet sets will contain a colored version and/or black and white. Be sure to double-check the product listing before purchasing to ensure you are buying the correct one for your needs. This product is a digital PDF download. There will be no physical product shipped.
~~~ How Will I Receive the Worksheet(s)? ~~~
1. Purchase the worksheet via our listing.
2. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a link to download the PDF under the purchases and reviews tab. If you are purchasing as a guest and do not have an account, look for a link in your receipt email.
3. Print the product and have fun!
~~~ How to Use This Product~~~
Choose the set(s) you wish to print. Print in landscape for best results and maximized playspace.
Mini Book Instructions: Print the pages, cut each page in half on the dotted line, and staple together as a book. These have been designed to save as much paper as possible. The file contains two complete books. For 20 students, you need 10 copies of the file.
- On each page, have students follow the instruction to either circle, write, trace, or read the target sight word.
- On the “Finish the Sentence” page, have students add to the provided sentence starter to make a complete sentence using the sight word.
- For added fun, use the black and white version and have students color pictures on the sentence pages.
Activity Mat Instructions: Print the page(s) desired. You will need one page per word for each student.
- Instruct students to use the color pattern indicated to color each letter of the word. If these color words are unfamiliar, they may need help identifying the colors inside each letter.
- Next, students should color the circles containing the target word. There are 2-4 instances in each “Find It” section.
- Students then write the word as many times as possible on the included line.
- Finally, students read a sentence containing the target word. For extra fun, have students color the picture clue included with the sentence.
Coloring Worksheets Instructions: Print the page(s) you wish to work on. You will need one page per word for each student.
- Have students color each letter of the word according to the pattern listed.
- Next, students can write the sight word on the included lines.
- Finally, students will locate and circle the target word among other sight words.
Flashcards Instructions: Print and laminate the pages. Cut each page in half horizontally and vertically to create 4 separate sets of each word. These have been designed to save as much paper as possible. For 20 students, you will only need to print 5 copies of this packet. Alternatively, you can use this as a center and use fewer copies.
- Students trace the words on the top lines with a dry erase marker.
- Then, using the colored dots as a guide, read each sentence.
- Finally, students can color in the boxes with the target word or circle the word. Boxed words are all sight words and can be used as additional practice for other words as well.
- When the student is done, wipe the cards clean and they’re ready to be used again.
Playdough Mat Instructions: Print and laminate the pages. Cut apart. You will need one page per student for each word.
- Give students playdough and have them form the playdough into the sight word on the sheet.
- Use dry erase markers to trace and write the sight word on the included lines.
~~~ Tips for Proper Use ~~~
We highly recommend printing these worksheets on 8.5” x 11” standard paper. Some products are no-prep, whereas others may require you to laminate them before use. Laminated products are best used with dry-erase markers. If you do not have a laminating machine, use page protectors or any similar sleeve.
~~~ Information About Refunds & Exchanges ~~~
Each download is non-refundable. If you have any questions about a specific download or feel our team has incorrectly made something, please reach out, and we will work with customers on a situational basis.
~~~ Questions/Comments? ~~~
Please reach out to email@example.com or message our team via the contact page. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
These printables are created by Education Outside and are intended for one classroom/parent/tutor. Duplication for an entire school or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from an authorized representative from Education Outside.
~~~ Clip Art and Fonts ~~~
Every printable worksheet is designed and created by the Education Outside team, but there are a few designers we would like to credit. All fonts and graphics are from these sellers, and Education Outside holds a commercial license.
– Kimberly Geswein Fonts
– Brittney Murphy Design
– Whimsy Clips
– Amy Groesbeck Fonts