Assess your students’ knowledge of all the short vowel sounds with these fun, NO-PREP worksheets for use with kindergarten through 2nd grade.
Included in this set are 10 different worksheets that will provide students with activities designed to help them identify, read, write short vowel words, and distinguish short /a/, /e/, /i/, /o/, and /u/ sounds from each other.
Each page contains one or a combination of any of these activities targeting word recognition, reading, writing, and fine motor skills:
- Find and Circle
- Trace the Words
- Read the Words
- Guess the Word
- Read the Sentence
- Complete the Sentence
- Color the Picture
- Trace with Playdough
What You’ll Get:
- 10 unique worksheets = 6 pages in portrait + 4 in landscape orientation (black & white)
These worksheets focus on:
- Word recognition: students practice seeing, reading, and finding words with short vowel sounds alone or within sentences and passages
- Writing: students practice writing the words alone or in sentences
- Reading fluency: students practice reading short vowel words in multiple sentences and passages
- Motor Skills: students practice fine motor by tracing words, manipulating playdough to trace words, and coloring pictures
How to Use These Worksheets
These are NO-PREP worksheets. Simply download the PDF and print the entire set or choose the page(s) you wish to work on.
Use this phonics resource to reinforce the concept of short vowel sounds.
~~~ Other Related Products ~~~
- Short Vowel a Worksheets
- Short Vowel e Worksheets
- Short Vowel i Worksheets
- Short Vowel o Worksheets
- Short Vowel u Worksheets
- Short Vowel Flashcard Bundle
- Short Vowel Word Family Flashcard Bundle
- Short & Long Vowel MEGA Flashcard Bundle
~~~ What Do I Receive After Purchase? ~~~
You will receive a download link to your printable PDF. Some worksheet sets will contain a colored version and/or black and white. Be sure to double-check the product listing before purchasing to ensure you are buying the correct one for your needs. This product is a digital PDF download. There will be no physical product shipped.
~~~ How Will I Receive the Worksheet(s)? ~~~
1. Purchase the worksheet via our listing.
2. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a link to download the PDF.
3. Print the product and have fun!
~~~ Tips for Proper Use ~~~
We highly recommend printing these worksheets on 8.5” x 11” standard paper. Some products are no-prep, whereas others may require you to laminate them before use. Laminated products are best used with dry-erase markers. If you do not have a laminating machine, use page protectors or any similar sleeve.
~~~ Information About Refunds & Exchanges ~~~
Each download is non-refundable. If you have any questions about a specific download or feel our team has incorrectly made something, please reach out, and we will work with customers on a situational basis.
~~~ Questions/Comments? ~~~
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or message our team via the contact page. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
These printables are created by Education Outside and are intended for one classroom/parent/tutor. Duplication for an entire school or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from an authorized representative from Education Outside.
~~~ Clip Art and Fonts ~~~
Every printable worksheet is designed and created by the Education Outside team, but there are a few designers we would like to credit. All fonts and graphics are from these sellers, and Education Outside holds a commercial license.
– Kimberly Geswein Fonts
– Brittney Murphy Design
– Whimsy Clips
– Amy Groesbeck Fonts