Working on word families? Look no further as we have bundled up all of our short vowel word family worksheets to help with your phonics practice.
This packet will provide kindergarten through 1st grade students with activities designed to help them master identifying, reading, writing, and differentiating words with short a, e, i, o, and u sounds.
Want more short vowel practice set? Get our Short Vowel Word Family Flashcard Bundle here.
Included are 50 no-prep worksheets (10 for each vowel) featuring a combination or mix of any of the following exercises:
- Find and Circle
- Trace the Words
- Read the Words
- Guess the Word
- Read the Sentence
- Complete the Sentence
- Color the Picture
- Trace with Playdough
There are one to two pages for each word family:
- -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap word families
- -en, -em, -et, -eg, -ed, -ell word families
- -ig, -in, -im, -id, -it, -ip word families
- -op, -ob, -og, -ot, -ock, -ox word families
- -um, -un, -ut, -ub, -ug, -uck, -ush word families
What You’ll Get:
- 10 Short a Word Family worksheets (Bnw and Color options)
- 10 Short e Word Family worksheets (Bnw and Color options)
- 10 Short i Word Family worksheets (Bnw and Color options)
- 10 Short o Word Family worksheets (Bnw and Color options)
- 10 Short u Word Family worksheets (Bnw and Color options)
Include our Long & Short Vowel Worksheet Mega Bundle in your practice set to brush up your student’s reading skills.
How to Use These
These are NO-PREP worksheets. Simply download the PDF and print the entire set or choose the page(s) you wish to work on.
~~~ Looking For the Individual Products?~~~
- Short a Word Family Worksheets
- Short e Word Family Worksheets
- Short i Word Family Worksheets
- Short o Word Family Worksheets
- Short u Word Family Worksheets
~~~ Other Related Products~~~
- Short Vowel Bingo
- Long a Worksheets
- Long e Worksheets
- Long i Worksheets
- Long o Flashcards
- Long u Flashcards
- Short Vowel Coloring Worksheets Bundle
~~~ What Do I Receive After Purchase? ~~~
You will receive a download link to your printable PDF. Some worksheet sets will contain a colored version and/or black and white. Be sure to double-check the product listing before purchasing to ensure you are buying the correct one for your needs. This product is a digital PDF download. There will be no physical product shipped.
~~~ How Will I Receive the Worksheet(s)? ~~~
1. Purchase the worksheet via our listing.
2. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive a link to download the PDF.
3. Print the product and have fun!
~~~ Tips for Proper Use ~~~
We highly recommend printing these worksheets on 8.5” x 11” standard paper. Some products are no-prep, whereas others may require you to laminate them before use. Laminated products are best used with dry-erase markers. If you do not have a laminating machine, use page protectors or any similar sleeve.
~~~ Information About Refunds & Exchanges ~~~
Each download is non-refundable. If you have any questions about a specific download or feel our team has incorrectly made something, please reach out, and we will work with customers on a situational basis.
~~~ Questions/Comments? ~~~
Please reach out to email@example.com or message our team via the contact page. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
These printables are created by Education Outside and are intended for one classroom/parent/tutor. Duplication for an entire school or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from an authorized representative from Education Outside.
~~~ Clip Art and Fonts ~~~
Every printable worksheet is designed and created by the Education Outside team, but there are a few designers we would like to credit. All fonts and graphics are from these sellers, and Education Outside holds a commercial license.
– Kimberly Geswein Fonts
– Brittney Murphy Design
– Whimsy Clips
– Amy Groesbeck Fonts