Education Outside partners with SFUSD to provide assistance and training for green schoolyard and outdoor classroom design ideas, implementation, and curricular connections. Sites with green schoolyards must assign a Green Schoolyard Liaison and provide a yearly Maintenance Agreement and Green Schoolyard Map to Education Outside in order to be eligible for any of the above services. The Green Schoolyard Guidelines (pdf) explain these requirements and guide school sites through the design, construction, and maintenance of their green schoolyard. Education Outside can provide a resource directory and funding ideas to help you launch or expand your schoolyard greening project.
- Maintenance Agreement (pdf)
- Sample Green Schoolyard Map (pdf)
- Sample Community Stewardship Plan (pdf)
- Choosing Materials for a Green Schoolyard (pdf)
- Tap the Sky Rainwater Harvesting Program Materials (pdf)
- Tap the Sky Rainwater Harvesting Maintenance Agreement (pdf)
- Tree Planting Program
- Green Schoolyard Guidelines Presentation, September 2014 (pdf)
For any questions or concerns, please call (415) 355-6979, extension 1566.