- Do an internet search for local school gardens and garden support organizations. Here are a few to get you started:
- Take a tour of local school gardens. If you’re in San Francisco, check out our self-guided tour here.
- Find fellow supporters at your school and start a committee, and include a teacher.
- Speak to your principal about starting a garden at your school.
- Work with your parent association to align your expectations for the garden and the garden program.
- Contact Education Outside to become part of the network of school gardens and outdoor classrooms in SFUSD.
Also, check out A Child's Garden of Standards (PDF) from the California Department of Education: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/nu/he/documents/childsgarden.pdf for curriculum ideas.